LawWorks have asked me to provide two webinars for their members.
LawWorks is a charity working in England and Wales that connects volunteer lawyers with people in need of legal advice, who are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to pay and with the not-for-profit organisations that support them.
The webinars will focus on practical aspects of employment law, notably pleadings in employment litigation and case management hearings. The webinars are for Law Works members only.
For the Particulars of Claim webinar LawWorks have published the following flyer:
Employment Law: Drafting particulars of Claim
Pleadings are the first and vital step of tribunal proceedings. To learn how to do them right, join Barrister and employment judge, Michael Salter, as he explains what to look out for in a well drafted claim.
Join Michael who will share tips he uses when drafting claims. He will explain why he does these and how to do them yourself.
You will learn:
– how clear pleadings assist the tribunal in manage your claim;
– the strategy Michael uses to make sure every element of the claim is identified in the claim form;
– why it’s important to get it right first time;
– what guidance is there from the appellate tribunal and courts and relevant practice directions;
– how clear pleading can increase your productivity and efficiency.
And for the Preliminary Hearing webinar:
Employment Law: The Perfect Preliminary Hearing.
Case Management preliminary Hearings are often overlooked as a place to put your clients case clearly and effectively, yet they are key to assisting the tribunal understand the claim. In his webinar Michael Salter, barrister and part-time employment judge, explains how a well prepared Preliminary hearing can build you standing in the eyes of the tribunal, increase your efficiency and assist your client understand the case moving forward. After the webinar you will have a structure of how to approach these hearings that achieve these aims.
You will learn:
– the various pressures on representatives at Case Management Hearings;
– Michael’s “7-day rule” for preparation and what it’s aimed at achieving;
– The presumptions in the Case Management Agenda you need to be alert to;
– The hazards of getting the hearing wrong.
When are they?
The pleadings webinar is on 1st March 2021 and the Case Management Webinar is on 5th May 2021.