I am nationally recognised as a leading barrister in employment law by the two leading independent directories of the legal profession.
Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession has rated me as a leading junior from 2016 up to and including its most recent edition (2019) and makes the following observations about me:
- "A fantastic advocate with first-class client skills" and "his advice is strategic, commercial and pragmatic and he is a very clear and confident communicator" (2020)
- "A pleasure to work with. He is extremely responsive and always very thorough and diligent." (2019)
- "He has an excellent manner with clients and communicates well with instructing solicitors." (2019)
- "Extremely responsive and thorough. His work is always fantastic. He is very down-to-earth and easy to work with and, importantly, he builds a strong rapport with clients very quickly." (2018)
- "he is very user-friendly, very easy to deal with and he makes you feel like you are his only client" (2017)
- "he is an excellent and experienced Employment Tribunal advocate" (2017)
- "It would be difficult to find a more helpful and responsive barrister" (2016)
The Legal 500 has rated me as a leading junior from 2013 to date (2019), and comments that:
- “Clear in his advice, well-organised and inspires confidence in his clients and is appropriately assertive in his advocacy.” (2019)
- “He quickly builds a rapport with clients and puts them at ease.” (2018)
- "He is technically very able and extremely user-friendly" (2017)
- "always gets the job done and is able to deal with full range of employment matters, however complex." (2016)
- "incredibly easy to work with, amazingly organised and good at building a strong rapport with clients very quickly" (2015)
- "clients like his down-to-earth and commercial approach" (2014).
Comments from instructing solicitors include:
“Michael is a pleasure to work with and excellent with clients. He handles detail well, is pragmatic, personable and very responsive and is always my first choice.”
Instructing Solicitor 2013 to date
“Michael is fantastic to work with – incredibly responsive, thorough and helpful. When his technical legal skills are combined with his down-to-earth and commercial approach, he is an invaluable asset on any matter.”
Instructing Solicitor from 2013 to date.
"I have but one hesitation in recommending Michael Salter. It is that other solicitors will start to use him and I’ll not be able to instruct or brief him as freely as I do now. Michael is amongst the most capable barristers, in any field, that I work with. He is user-friendly, extremely knowledgeable and pro-active. If he is instructed you know that he will be perfectly prepared and will arrive with skeleton arguments, case summaries and any homework the solicitor may have overlooked. He is much respected by lay clients too and his easy-going but thorough style is appreciated by the judges he appears before, although hardly surprising by virtue of the fact that Michael sits himself. His fees are very reasonable and his accessibility by phone and email makes it so easy to work with him. A thoroughly excellent barrister"
Instructing Solicitor from 2009 to date